5.16.2013

{THE EASIEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES...EVER}


I'll be honest, when it comes to chocolate chip cookies, I struggle. BIG TIME. Just ask my husband...he'll freely admit it right along with me!! So a couple of weeks ago when I stumbled across this recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff, I knew I better at least try it. I am SOOOOO glad I did! They turned out perfectly the first time and have every time since. (yes, I've made them 4 times in 2 weeks...don't tell!)

So today I'm here to share the recipe with you. Seriously people, it's awesome. Perfect for when you want a quick sweet fix and don't have anything in the house. I can make 3 dozen cookies in roughly 30 minutes from start to finish.

Okay, so here's what you need:



The original recipe called for Bisquick, but I used this pancake mix instead...worked great!

Oh, and just a quick tip: If you're using real butter (which I always do), 15 seconds in the microwave is perfect to get it perfectly softened.

THE EASIEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1 cube butter - softened
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
2.5 cups pancake mix
Semi-Sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375. Combine butter, egg, vanilla, and brown sugar. Beat using an electric mixer until smooth. Then add 2.5 cups pancake mix. Beat on medium speed until dough comes together, add desired amount of chocolate chips. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Okay...so just a few pointers that I learned.
#1 - if the dough is a little crumbly, try adding an extra egg white. It does the trick for me every time.
#2 - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use semi sweet chocolate chips...you'll be glad you did!
#3 - I make my cookies on the small side so I can fit 20 cookies on a baking sheet. Makes cooking time SO much faster...plus you feel like you can eat more because they're smaller!! :)
#4 - I cook them for 11 minutes because we like our cookies on the "done" side. They are by no means burnt, just done.



Then package them up cute and take some to a friend! :)


1 comment:

  1. Those look too easy to be true! I will have to try these out they look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete